The Promotion of Access to Information Act was passed to give effect to the constitutional right of access to information that is held by a private or public body and that is required for the exercise or protection of any rights.
Guest Centre is a private body as defined in the Act. Guest Centre is bound by this Act and shall process any request made in terms thereof.
Right of Access to Information
The Promotion of Access to Information Act was passed in order to give effect to the constitutional right of access to information held by a public or private body for the exercise or protection of any right.
A requester must be given access to any record of Guest Centre if all the following requirements are met:
• The record is required for the exercise or protection of any right
• The requester meets the procedural requirements of the Act relating to a request for access to a record
• The request falls outside any of the grounds of refusal contemplated in the Act.
The following procedure is applicable to requests for access to information in terms of the Act:
• the requester must complete the prescribed form
• the requester must deposit a request fee of R50 to ensure that processing takes
place. The account number is:
Account: Guest Centre
Account Number: 0610 687 56
Branch: Standard Bank Bayside
Branch Code: 022209
• the completed request form and proof of deposit must be sent to Guest Centre at the
Mr. Jaques Nel
PO Box 55414
Telephone: +27 21 556 3469
Fax: +27 86 518 9401
• Upon receipt of the request form and proof of deposit Guest Centre shall:
• Assess the request form to ensure completeness
• Confirm payment of the request fee
• Process the request
• Notify a third party where applicable
• Decide whether to grant or deny the request
• Let the requester know of the decision
• Notify the requester about the payable access fee if the request is granted
• Repay the R50 request fee to the requester if the request is refused.
Guest Centre must process a request within 30 days of receipt thereof. Guest Centre shall inform the requester in writing of any extension of the period to deal with a request.
Guest Centre Customers (Registered Establishments)
All Guest Centre customers are allowed access to their own information without having to use the request for access to information procedure as set out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, including, but not limited to:
• Booking information
• Account information
• Transaction information
• Personal records
All Guest Centre customers should contact Guest Centre directly to request access to their own information. (Please note that there may be administration costs associated with the retrieval of certain types of information.)
Any Guest Centre customer who wishes to be given access to information that belongs to another customer of Guest Centre must follow the request for access to information.